Today we’re talking with Jeff Harry about how to infuse more play into the workplace to help your staff find their flow. Jeff has worked for various international companies like Google, Microsoft, the NFL, Amazon and Facebook. Jeff is an International Positive Psychology speaker and was selected by Bamboo HR and Engagely as one of the top 100 influencers of 2020 for his organizational development work. Jeff’s playwork has been featured in the New York Times article How to Add More Play to Your Grown-up Life, Even Now.
Let’s dive right in and learn from Jeff on how infusing play in the workplace can help you and your staff find your flow in the day-to-day and do your best work.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 08:16] Opening Segment
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Jeff Harry, to the show
- Jeff talks about his background
- His inspiration to start Rediscover Your Play
- Jeff shares his insight on Positive Psychology
[08:17 – 14:13] Recognizing your inner critic
- Breaking down the play experiment
- Jeff talks about your inner critic
- Identifying your inner critic
- Acknowledging and distinguishing yourself from your inner critic
[14:14 – 20:27] The Process and Result of the Playshop
- Jeff talks about how he conducts his workshop
- Play values in the workplace
- Eradicating toxicity in the workplace
- Organize and take up more space
- Confront the toxic person directly
- Go to the supervisor
- Dig into your inner critic and stand-up to the toxic person
[0:0 – 0:0] Closing Segment
- What do you think still needs to be said?
- Managers should consider to spend less time focusing on what needs to get done and spend more time checking in with their staff and really focusing on connection.
- Final words from me and Jeff
“You can’t destroy your inner critic, you can’t get rid of it. It’s there for a reason, it’s just not as needed as much anymore. You just have to recognize it because it wants to be recognized rather than just put it in the back seat.” – Jeff Harry
“When you are able to do your flow work, your zone of genius work, just a little bit more. It actually has a ripple effect, a positive effect on all the other work that you do. And if you start your day with that positive work, that’s amazing.” – Jeff Harry
- Top 100 Influencers of 2020 for Organizational Development
- How to Add More Play to Your Grown-Up Life, Even Now
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- How Play Can Solve Your Employee Engagement Problem by Jeff Harry
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, and follow the podcast on Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to visit our website https://thehappyhealthyworkplace.com/ for even more content. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who needs strategies and solutions for developing healthy happy workplaces that don’t sacrifice profitability by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.