For today we have Rishita Jones as our guest, and we will be talking about HR and the Employee experience. Rishita is the Founder of NRG HR. She is an HR Transformation Specialist that focuses on disrupting the status quo and is intent on building people-centered HR practices using agile HR, design thinking and technology to enrich and uplift the Human Experience in the workplace.
Let’s dive right in and learn how Rishita disrupts the status quo to over all enrich and uplift human experience in the workplace
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 05:10] Opening Segment
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Rishita Jones, to the show
- Rishita talks about the mindset and framework as an Agile coach and facilitator
- Her ambition and purpose is to create human-centered enterprises
- Rishita talks about the Agile principles in the HR
[05:11 – 11:41] HR and Team engagements
- Rishita talks about employee engagements and feedback
- There should be a daily engagement between teams and management
- The importance of getting more information from your employees
[11:42 – 26:04] How to better interact with employees
- What leaders can do to improve team engagements
- Have a daily check-in
- Acknowledge your employees
- Do a quick recall at the end of each day or week
- At the end of each day, ask your team what made them sad, glad, and mad
- The difference between Trust and Psychological safety
- Agile mindset for leaders in the workplace
- As a leader, ask how your team what they need from you
- As a leader, how can you bring your team together?
- How can you make their day better than when they came in
[26:05 – 31:12] Closing Segment
- What do you think still needs to be said?
- As leaders, we need to re-examine our processes, reduce complexity and increase agility so we can meet the needs of the customers much faster.
- Final words from me and Rishita
“You can’t build trust in your team if you don’t show your vulnerability first. You’ve got to give something of yourself if you want others to give something of themselves too.” – Rishita Jones
“It’s not about giving the employees what they want, it’s about giving the right conditions and environment for them to succeed. It’s about being able to understand where they’re coming from.” – Rishita Jones
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, and follow the podcast on Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to visit our website https://thehappyhealthyworkplace.com/ for even more content. Email me at email@example.com, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who needs strategies and solutions for developing healthy happy workplaces that don’t sacrifice profitability by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.